Thursday, October 20, 2011

USDA Confused...

So, recently I stumbled on some organic baby food that comes in the absolute most convenient container EVER! There's virtually no cleanup and for some reason, Chunk eats neater. Because we've eliminated all toxins from our home, we're trying to do the organic thing also so this falls right into place. However, the USDA Organic stamp has lost all credibility with me. The fact that they've approved the sale of cloned meat (and there's still no labeling to differentiate), leaves me questioning them. I don't care how good or realistic that clones meat might taste, it is not natural! I was under the impression that organic meant "derived from nature"..... I'm gonna have to send a letter to find out if my new favorite baby food is made from cloned fruits and veggies.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I didn't know that the USDA Organic Assoc. approved cloned meat! Yikes! Thanks for following my blog "Gwendolyn Gage ~ Serving Through Words", I'm following you too :-)

    ReplyDelete