Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It'll get bad before it gets better?

*sigh* I have come to the very sad realization that I have $100.00 to my name! My income has stopped, my bank account is depleting and I have a 4 month old son to care for. I've researched work-from-home opportunities and it is quite apparent that most of these offers are scams. How are they going to ask me to pay them to work for them? Come on, son! I recently stumbled upon an opportunity that might be lucrative, but in order to join their "working moms" program I'd have to become a member of their products. Thanks to the string of power outages throughout the island, I haven't been able to log on to the online web conference to get further details. I'm hoping this is something that can bring in decent money so that all the burden isn't on my boyfriend. He's been so supportive and without him it would definitely be worse. But we'll talk about him in another post.

In the meantime, I signed up to be an IC (independent contractor) for a few mystery shopping companies, but my God these people pay pennies! But the experience will be good for one of my many ideas. I have a few small business ideas that I believe will be beneficial to my family and the community but in addition to the lack of funding, other obstacles are presenting themselves that's causing me to just shut down. I know, I know, I'm not at luxury to shut down. But I tell you, the mind is a powerful thing. I'm working it out though.

I submitted an idea to an invention company. People, let me remind you all to read the fine print and read everything in its' entirety. I contacted company A to submit an idea and went through the process. Now, they call and explain everything to you and inform you of a fee that is due to research the idea and make sure there is no other product like it on the market. I paid that. Now, out of the BLUE, they're asking for over 8 GRAND to create a prototype of that idea and present it to a target company that may be interested in buying it. Whoa hold up....who the eff told them that I have 8 grand? I was under the impression that the company accepts your idea and after you pay your research fee, THEY create the prototype and find a buyer and if it's sold, THEN they receive payment. Either upfront from me, or a percentage of the product sales. I blame myself for not being more informed.

So, now that I've come this far I cant turn back. I have to find that money...

No comments:

Post a Comment