Monday, December 12, 2011

Just an update...

So I reviewed the Department of Labor's website and found out that there IS unemployment benefits available for individuals seeking self-employment but it's optional. Meaning each state doesn't have to offer that program. And of course this damn place I call home doesn't offer. I've been looking for a number to call so I can get some info on exactly why my government, that I pay taxes at, refused to opt for funds that would benefit our island. It's already bad enough that the cost of living is ridiculously high, but there is nobody lobbying to appropriate the funds that can help boost employment rates! I loooove my island, I'm a proud Virgin Islander, and an even protrude St. Thomian, but moving back to the states is sounding pretty damn good right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment