Saturday, December 3, 2011

Why Are Robots #winning Operation: Unemployment?


As the unemployment rate continues to decline, why are there still so many automated services? I understand it is more cost effective to the company to use machines and not incur the cost of training, payroll, and all other fees associated with hiring just one person; not to mention the risks. But at some point, these companies are going to have to realize 3 very important things:

1. Unless people can afford your service, you won't make any money. People can't afford your service because they don't have jobs.

2. People don't have jobs because you, major corporation that could open atleast 100 slots, would rather leave an automated service to run your company. Now, I know that it is easier in certain situations to use an automated service, but the MAJORITY of stuff should now be returned to humans. Because guess what>

3. I AM ANNOYED WITH AUTOMATED SERVICES! Most consumers generally are. It is less time consuming for the consumer to say what the problem is to a human, than to wait for a machine to say your option, and then give you an option within an option.

Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed with horrible customer service as well, especially in my community, but I would much rather see the employment rate increase and get this economy as close to where it should be as possible. Why are we paying taxes? Here's something to ponder:

America is our nation right? We are charged for EVERYTHING. We can't just wake up in the morning and go about our day and just pay for what we use. No, we pay taxes for everything we buy(sales tax), we pay taxes just for having a job(income tax), plus other witholdings from our earnings. Who do we pay these taxes to? The government. Why do they claim we're paying these taxes? Basically to keep America running. So, basically, we are paying to keep America running, right? And the government is who we're paying this money to? And the Federal Reserve bank is who fronts the bill? So, if the government gets money from the Federal Reserve bank to pay for America's upkeep, and then they charge us taxes to make the money needed to pay back to the Federal Reserve, is it safe to say that the government has mismanaged our funds? How is it that NASA can spend $100M for each project (and they have alot of projects both failed and successful)? Is the government funding NASA or did they skip the middle man and go straight to the Bank?

I'll close with this: A few months ago I applied for unemplyment benefits. I was in no violation of any policy that would 1. cause termination or 2. get declined for unemployment benefits. When you apply for unemplyment benefits, you're asked if you are willing and available to seeking employment. Basically, you have to seem like you're willing to go back to work and not sit on your butt and contribute to the failing economy. I explained that I am willing and available, but I am now heading in the direction of self employment. I had just given birth and decided that after the situation with my employer, self emplyment was my only option. I was denied benefits. Now, I have an HR background and I know how unemployment works. There was over $8,000.00 that I was eligible to receive. Money, I would have used toward my business. A business that would create jobs. No, I refuse to believe this is what I get for slaving away for employers and paying my taxes for over 10 years of my 29 years of life. Even though I've found a successful home based business, I could still use that money AND it's the principle..... Readers, I'll keep you pposted, but I can't just TAKE this one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment